International House Portugal is proud to have always had a close relationship to teachers who work in other language schools and in mainstream education. Over the years, IH trainers have run sessions, observed lessons and run courses for many of the English Language Teachers in the country.
The yearly programme usually offers the following:
- The Literature group, where the focus is on discussing books written in English, both past and in the present
- The Conversation group, where the focus in on discussing topical issues in English
- The Teacher Development sessions, where the focus is on the classroom, ranging from sessions for VYLs to teaching Adults.
International House has also worked closely with specific schools where we have either run tailored-made courses or sessions from the Teacher Development programme.
Who is the Teachers’ Centre for?
- Teachers working in mainstream education such as state schools or private schools
- Experienced teachers working in language schools
- Recently qualified CELTA trainees who may wish to extend their understanding of basics and learn more about English Language Teaching
- ‘Agrupamentos’ who may wish to offer specific courses to their members – please contact us for a list of accredited courses
- Schools or group of teachers who would like to have sessions on their own premises
- Our Literature and Conversation group have also, over the years, attracted many teachers who simply want to have an opportunity to speak English on a regular basis
How does Teachers’ Centre work?
The programme is totally flexible.
- Some teachers choose to sign up for 6 sessions a year; others simply come to individual sessions when they have free time.
- Schools or organisations may equally want to sign up for one session or several, or if they prefer, they might request a tailor-made course
PLEASE NOTE: There are limited numbers for all threads so unless participants have signed up for a group of sessions, they should contact the department ahead of time to sign up: email@example.com
Follow IH Portugal Teacher Training on FaceBook
NEED MORE INFORMATION? GET IN TOUCH…
Complete the form and send it to us