the IHTVL younger learner course
This is a very practical, 30 hour, input-based methodology course for those teachers who would like an overview of the key issues when teaching younger learners. The course has an optional teaching practice component.
- Introduction and Overview of the Course
- How Children learn and Teacher roles
- Classroom management and use of L1
- Focussing on language in the YL classroom (1) – Lexis
- Exploiting materials with YLs
- Practice activities – types and techniques
- Speaking and listening
- Materials 2 – Technology and other
- Reading and Writing
- Focussing on language in the YL classroom (2) Grammar
- Learning Preferences and Mixed ability
- Using stories in the YL classroom
- Different approaches (projects, CLIL, drama, arts, etc)
- An Introduction to teaching VYLs
- An introduction to teaching TEENS
- Planning for Young Learners
- Phonology, songs and chants
- Testing and Assessment and YLs
- Beyond the classroom (parents, etc)
- Language school teachers who want to develop their knowledge about teaching young learners. They may already have their own YL classes and would like to extend their knowledge of methodology in this area.
- Teachers in mainstream education wanting a course specifically aimed at teaching English.
- Candidates who are interested in teaching young learners but who feel they are not ready for CELTA and/or IHCYLT course and teaching practice.
- Candidates must have at least CEFR level B2
The dates and prices
You can add teaching practice to your course for an extra €150.
need more information? Get in touch…
Complete the form below and send it to us